essay contestWarren and Shenandoah County significant college seniors are inspired to enter an essay contest to contend for a $500 prize sponsored by Shenandoah Region Secular Humanist.
Aimed at encouraging graduating higher college seniors to take into consideration humanist values as they impact their each day life, this year’s essay subject asks the issue “Does social media inspire or impede our means to think critically?”
Candidates have to compose an essay of 500 to 1,000 text. There are no GPA or fiscal demands specifications to compete and the essay is the only needed document for submission. Essays will be evaluated and scored dependent on the command of the language, excellent of technique to subject, and demonstration of vital contemplating competencies. As in past several years, up to 4 $500 prizes will be awarded.
Superior university guidance counselors will set a due date for their unique faculty to ahead to SASH by March 25. Additional info is offered in the guidance office at every single high faculty.
Marion Park Lewis Basis The Marion Park Lewis Basis for the Arts is accepting apps for grants for people today to pursue innovative education and learning in the arts or for registered non-revenue businesses for specific educational tasks. The deadline is March 15. Check out www.mplf-arts.org for skills and requirements.
Skills Usa competitionTriplett Tech served as host of this year’s District X SkillsUSA opposition held concerning Jan. 28 and Feb. 11. The competitors was open to college students from profession and specialized training plans in Culpeper, Fauquier, Frederick, Web page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, and Warren counties.
Initial-put winners are qualified to enter the point out-stage opposition, which will be held in April. The adhering to area pupils, their placement and school won awards:
• Automobile servicing and light restore: Strasburg Substantial College pupils Remington Sharp, to start with Zachary Tirado, 3rd.
• Job Demo – Open up: Madison Marston, very first, Central Higher Faculty Jocelyn Morales, next, Mountain Valley High Faculty Jazmin Hernandez Araujo, 3rd, Central.
• Task Demo A: Central Significant University learners Ian Wymer, very first Bailee Roberts, second.
• Cosmetology: Alexandra Martinez, 1st, Central Ana Himelright, next, Strasburg Ella Stark, third, Mountain Valley.
• 1st Aid/CPR: Carly Thomas, 1st, Mountain Valley Katie Whittington, second, Strasburg.
• Bricklaying: Adrien Amari, 1st, Strasburg Kadin Hitt, next, Mountain Valley.
• Masonry: Jeremy Radford, initially, Strasburg Zach Thornhill, next, Central.
• Carpentry: Amelia Hess, initial, Mountain Valley Kendal Sine, next, Strasburg Elijah Schneider, 3rd, Strasburg.
• Collision Mend Technological know-how: Strasburg High School students Cole Rogers, to start with Dakota Atchison, next.
• Automotive Refinishing: Kobe Hallman, very first, Strasburg Kaylee Martinez, next, Mountain Valley Chris Mendez, 3rd, Mountain Valley.
• Advertising Bulletin Board: first spot awards went to Heather Hall, Mountain Valley Buddy Happ, Central and Alyssa Burkart, Strasburg.
• Extemporaneous Talking: Bailee Roberts, initially, Central.
• Electrical energy: Ian Wymer, initial, Central Tanner Jenkins, second, Strasburg.
College information• Adrianne Kinsey, of Strasburg, was named to the dean’s checklist at the College of William & Mary for the slide semester.
• Amanda Grover, of Strasburg, and Katherine Babineau, of Entrance Royal, had been named to the dean’s listing at Hollins University for the slide semester.
• The subsequent pupils were being named to the dean’s checklist at Shepherd University for the slide semester:
Entrance Royal: Gena Boice, Alex J. Lalumondiere, Nikea S. Whitmore.
New Market: Austin C. Ritchie.
Strasburg: Megan L. Clutter.
• Two students from Front Royal gained degrees from Radford University on Dec. 11. They are:
Cherrilynne Anne Scott, bachelor’s degree in artwork.
Anneslee C. Cockrell, bachelor’s diploma in nursing.
• The subsequent pupils, along with their important of analyze, ended up named to the dean’s listing at Radford College for the tumble semester:
Entrance Royal: Tyler Cefola, exercising, activity and wellness education and learning Kristofer Miller, media research Future Austin, nursing Anneslee Cockrell, nursing Jennifer Martinez, nursing Sydney Harris, recreation, parks and tourism.
Edinburg: Isabell Dellinger, felony justice.
Linden: Thomas Jervis, prison justice.
New Market place: Ashton Streett, nursing.
Quicksburg: Jacqueline Farmer, structure.
Strasburg: Andrew Jenkins, accounting Natalie Hott, interaction sciences and issues Gracie McDonald, psychology.
Timberville: Brandon Smith, accounting.
Woodstock: Kaia Frana, art.
• The pursuing students, alongside with their important of examine, at James Madison College earned diplomas in December:
Front Royal: Brynn Gorham, wellness sciences Sierra Bryant, health sciences Leslie Rodriguez-Molina, justice experiments Jordan Marlow, activity and recreation administration.
Stephens City: Samantha Scott, justice scientific tests.
Strasburg: Hailey Carroll, with distinction, nursing John Hisghman, English Anna Bowen Devor, history.
Toms Brook: Olivia Keller, health and fitness sciences.
Woodstock: Kaitlyn Bullock, accounting Evan Rudy, personal computer science.