Christmas gift baskets are a great idea when you’re looking for something fast and easy. You can get baskets filled with almost anything. Do the people on your gift list like food, wine, cheese or chocolate. You can find a basket for that.
You can make a basket be all about a person’s passion, profession or favorite sport. Baskets can come filled with anything from school supplies to golf balls. Gift baskets can be suitable gifts for any occasion.
Take some of the time and burden off your Christmas shopping by giving a gift that will please everyone on your shopping list. Gift baskets are a great way to show someone you care about them and cut down on the search time for the perfect gift. But, there are some things to consider when choosing a gift basket.
1. If it is a holiday or special occasion, pick a themed basket. Sometimes you can find the perfect basket that is based on a theme, such as fall colors and corn for thanksgiving or pine cones and boughs for Christmas. Baskets can be regional or have a sports theme or be centered around a favorite food.
2. Pick something the recipient will like and enjoy. This seems obvious since we try to pay attention to what peoples like and dislike when we choose gifts. Baskets can be about anything. You can give a basket filled with bath items, craft supplies, car washing supplies, fruit or food. A basket does not always have to be filled with food. Your imagination is the only limiting factor.
3. For something unique, build your own basket. Most gift baskets pre-assembled, but you can find some “build your own” baskets on-line and in some stores. It is easy and more personal to build a gift basket with items you know please your gift recipient. The gift doesn’t always have to be in a basket. You could use a flower pot, a bird house or even a bucket and make a super nice gift for someone special.
If you want your gift basket to be remembered, there are some things to be careful about.
1. Don’t give baskets containing things the recipient is allergic to. Don’t give a basket that contains milk to a person who is lactose intolerant or nuts to someone with peanut allergies. Meat is a bad idea for vegetarians. While it’s the thought that counts, you don’t want your holiday gift baskets remembered for inappropriate items. The insensitivity or the trip to the hospital will be remembered long after the rest of the stuff is gone.
2. Kids don’t like some things for Christmas. DVDs or toys in a basket is a good idea for kids, but socks, shirts and other clothing won’t be appreciated. This is another item that will not be remembered fondly
3. Generic baskets or multi-themed baskets are impersonal. While they may be okay for some holidays, they don’t require a lot of thought. If your friend or relative actually likes the baskets you buy at the local mall, then that’s fine. Otherwise, you need to put some effort into it. Find out what the recipient actually likes, and build a basket around that. It shows you care about what they like and enjoy.
A gift basket is something you can’t go wrong with as a Christmas present. Everybody likes them. Surprise your friend or family member with a basket full of little things they love. It is actually easier to go this way than to spend a lot of time trying to find the best possible gift.
Specialty gift baskets can be bought online and delivered directly to your recipient’s door full of the items you requested. Shop when you want to and think of the time you will save by not standing in the endless holiday lines at the post office.